Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Makes 8 servings, 2 roll-ups each
Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
1 container (15 oz)Original Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Shredded Italian Three Cheese Blend
4 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
16 lasagna noodles
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Notes: I used a four cheese blend b/c our store didn't have the three cheese, omitted the crunchy things (aka green onions), used 1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce based on reviews that with one it was a little dry. The parmesan cheese I would normally have used shredded, but didn't get any at the store so I used the "fake" kind in the shake jar and it was still delicious.
Directions:
Heat oven to 375
Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended
Spread 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce (I used 3/4 of a jar here)onto bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Spread each noodle with 3 tbsp. cheese mixture; roll rup. This was the pain in the neck part...I think next time I'll use a piping bag with wide nozzle. The scoop and spread technique was not cutting it. : ) Place, seam side down, in dish. Top with remaining sauce and parm, cover. I again used about 3/4 of the jar here. Bake 40-50 minutes or until heated through, uncovering the last 10 minutes.
Great Tips from Kraft:
This is a freezer meal, too! Assemble it as directed, refrigerate up to 24 hours, then bake, covered 1 hour 5 minutes or until heated through, uncovering the last 10 OR freezer up to 1 month! Thaw overnight in fridge and follow the 1 hour 5 minute timeline.
Reviews: Out of the 16 rolls, we had 0 left. Yum! Everyone of the kids loved them. J thanked me for making him dinner - he's going to make some girl very happy b/c he'll eat just about anything you tell him is food. A loved it - actually ate more than rubbed on her face so that's a good sign. Even O, who said it looked "disgusting" when I was mixing the cheeses together, ate 2 of them. Definitely a keeper on the recipe rolls. E and K said it tastes like the "olive garden"....is that a good thing?
Nutritional Information: (I'm guessing per serving of 2 rolls) 460 calories, 16 g total fat (gotta love cheese), 70% DV of calcium and 25 g protein. Not the most healthy meal, but it's better than a McDonalds Happy Meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment